Start of the Life of Unemployment

23:03

It's been 6 months and as of 29 July 2016, i ended my contract with The Fullerton Heritage Singapore. During my time there, i injured myself - dislocated kneecap - this resulted in my inability to find full time work for the time being. You can classify me as handicapped because i can't climb a flight of stairs, run, jump, nor walk further than 10 - 15 mins without experiencing pain or what i call "weak in the knees" syndrome whereby my affected leg feels like jelly and might give way any minute.

Do I resent my time there because it resulted me suffering from this injury? No. In fact, i feel quite the opposite. I'm grateful for my time at the Fullerton as i learnt and gained a lot of corporate and life skills from my short stint. My mentors, they are quite an amazing bunch and i have so much respect for their passion in the work they do. 

What i took away from working there and this injury is, everyone is replaceable and you always take the little things for granted. Now that my leg mobility is subpar, i want to do so many things that i could've done but didn't, when i was perfectly normal. While i was away on MC, people easily took over my job when i thought they will screw it up within the first week. Everyone can and will do what you can do and that made me very unsatisfactory in my career goals as i thought for sure, i was going to head down this corporate comms path. 

I wish to spend my career in something that would help others and make a difference with the work that i do. I haven't exactly thought about what that is yet but i'm positive i will figure it out soon enough. It's funny how the saying "everything happens for a reason" is so accurate and my injury and this time of unemployment happened for a reason. Just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

I'll keep you updated on my next adventure in the meantime, i'm just going to recuperate my bad leg. 

Shoutout to the Marcomms dept at TFH. Thanks for everything guys! 

The team giving me sunflowers while i was away on MC :D




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts