Reflection of 2013

03:49

Something's wrong with me I only get the urge to write or post something in the wee hours of the night. Oh well, I want to write about 2013.

2013 was an independent year for me. I was an 18 year old living in Melbourne, alone. Like how all Caucasians move out to go college, well I technically did move out, but from my home-stay into an apartment. Then again, that was back in Dec 2012 however, after moving for a month, I flew back here. But 2013 was just me myself and I, I had no problems transitioning since i was always in my room back in homestay and had experienced it for a month in dec 2012 yet, I felt a sense of FREEDOM. Not in the "Yeah, have my own crib time to partayy!" but more of like "Yes, i'm an adult now"

2013 also marks my 2ND YEAR in Melbourne. Damn, has it really been 2 years already? 2012 I was a stagnant tortoise, only stretching my head out occasionally, 2013 I was still a stagnant tortoise but my head was always out and now, 2014, I wish that this stagnant tortoise will move slowly but surely.

2013 helped me make more friends over there, like the Ikuza gang plus friends, J Kuo + Jordan and friends, Dawn and etc. it also helped me to be closer to my old friends like the Rach, Anna, Freedy, Eme, Elaine etc. I'm thankful for that as I truly thought I was going to die alone with all my plushies and collectables. <- (Joke)

2013 made me question myself a lot and about life really. Relationships, Family, Friends, School and my Future. I keep thinking about it all the time and it scares me sometimes because I have an idea of what I want but I really don't know how to get there. It like you want to go on a road trip to somewhere but you have no GPS or map to guide you, I mean where do you even turn after the road near your house ends?

2013 was a bad year for school because I really don't get Uni. I feel like it's there for society to pass or fail you and whatever you get out from it will be just general knowledge and a good experience. Hence, my stagnant grades. A GPA of 2.0 with just 4 semesters to pull it up, grrreeeaaatttt......

End of 2013 was not so great, loads of shit were starting to stir up in all close relationships of mine but relieved that a new start is here. Starts are good, Ameliorate. If only every time a year ends, all the bad memories will be erased from the past year and only the good ones stay. Like a thumbs-up reset button.

I guess to sum it up 2013 overall was ebb and flow nothing particularly worth to be chiseled into stone except it being my second year alone abroad. But, I'm contented and humbled by it. Thank you 2013.

A end of a chapter always has a new one awaiting, I want 2014 to be different, a good year, a different me, to be more respectful for my life and stop being lazy. Finally getting a start towards my dreams, hopes, and ambition. *cross my fingers and hope for the best*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Popular Posts